Advantages Of Using Cantilever Racking In Your Warehouse
April 26, 2021
When it comes to organizing your warehouse and storing awkward materials such as piping and lumber, a solid cantilever rack system can make all the difference. Properly planning for and utilizing lumber racking can be a challenge for any company, no matter how big or small their warehouse storage space is.
Cantilever racking is one of the best ways to help keep your entire warehouse organized while safely storing lumber and other long irregular shaped materials and products that don’t fit on pallets. Today, we wanted to discuss some of the advantages of cantilever rack systems in your warehouse for both building and metal materials.
What is Cantilever Racking?
This type of racking uses uprights secured into strong bases with braces or arms to store longer load items. These are particularly useful for furniture makers, construction companies, or industrial companies that need to hold sheets of aluminum, sizable irregular materials or large pieces of lumber.
What are the advantages of cantilever racks in your warehouse?
While there are many advantages, today we’re going to look at a few of the most important ones.
- Easy to Install and Configure
- This type of racking system is one of the easiest to design and install in your warehouse. Storing large pieces of lumber and metal in stacks on the floor inside your warehouse takes up an excessive amount of floor space. With cantilever racking, your storage system doesn’t actually have shelves. Instead, steel arms hold the materials in stacks so that they’re not on your warehouse floor.
- Configuring your setup is quick and easy. If you find that your productivity is being slowed by the current configuration, you can make adjustments without buying all new shelving.
- Allow Your Stock To Be Accessed Easier
- Having to maneuver through your racking to reach awkwardly shaped or more oversized items can slow your production line down. With cantilever rack systems in your warehouse, getting to the materials you need is much faster, and in turn, increases your productivity.
- They Can Store Just About Any Material
- Cantilever racks can hold practically anything! From drywall, poles, beams, pipes, bars, tubing, and so much more, you’ll be able to quickly organize your entire warehouse with this type of racking system.
So, as you’re designing and building out your warehouse storage system, be sure that you take cantilever racking into consideration. With a knowledgeable warehouse design team to ensure a proper cantilever build, your racking will be effectively placed and stable to withstand the various materials you’ll be stacking on top of the arms.
If you plan it efficiently to ensure a proper cantilever build, your racking will be solid and stable no matter what type of material you’re stacking on top of the arms.
At American Surplus, we have a wide selection of cantilever racking that can be custom configured to fit your warehouse and the type of materials that you need to have stored. From metal materials to carpet, these systems are incredibly versatile to save you space, time, and money. Call us today to find out how American Surplus can help you design the perfect cantilever racking system for your warehouse or storage facility!
Whatever your needs are for your warehouse, American Surplus has high-quality warehouse storage and material handling equipment that can handle your needs. Call us today at (800) 876-3736 and our specialists will help you identify the best system for your warehouse operations. American Surplus Inc. even offers full CAD Service to provide our customers with the ability to fully realize their new storage solution before installation begins.Request a Quote